This Policy describes how we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personally identifiable information of our customers and Gomove Platform Users, describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you use the Gomove Platform, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We will only use your personal information in accordance with this Policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices for collecting, processing, and storing your information. Gomove reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to modify, alter or otherwise update this Policy at any time. Amendments will be effective upon Gomove’s posting of such updated Policy at this location. Your continued access or use of the Gomove Platform after such posting constitutes your consent to be bound by the Policy, as amended. The date on which this Policy was last amended will appear at the beginning thereof.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTED
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
• Personal information that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, user name or other similar identifier, and any other identifier we may use to contact you online or offline, government identification documents, including driver’s license numbers and images, birthdate, signature, and photo, vehicle or insurance information of drivers and delivery partners, and user settings (Personal Information).
• Transaction information related to the use of our services, including the type of services requested or provided, order details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, goods moved and payment method.
• Non-personal information that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identified individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of Users accessing a specific Gomove Platform feature.
• Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Gomove Platform, and usage details.
• Non-personal details about your Gomove Platform interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Gomove Platform (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
3. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
• Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, when Users create or update their Gomove accounts or corresponding with us by email, or otherwise.
• Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Gomove Platform. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
• Third parties or publicly available sources, for example, our business partners.
A. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Gomove Platform may include:
• Information that you provide by creating an account on our Gomove Platform. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Gomove Platform, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Gomove Platform.
• Records and copies of your correspondence, including email addresses, if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Your search queries on the Gomove Platform.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the Gomove Platform or transmitted to other Users of the Gomove Platform or third parties (User Contributions). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other Users of the Gomove Platform with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that unauthorized persons will not view your User Contributions.
B. INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH COOKIES AND OTHER AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
• Details of your visits to our Gomove Platform, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Gomove Platform.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical information and may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways, that you provide to us, or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Gomove Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns. • Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Gomove Platform according to your individual interests. • Speed up your searches. • Recognize you when you return to our Gomove Platform.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies: Certain features of our Gomove Platform may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Gomove Platform. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for browser cookies.
• Web Beacons: Pages of our Gomove Platform [and our e-mails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count Users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
C. INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTIES AND PUBLICLY AVAILABLE SOURCES
The information we collect from third parties or publicly available sources includes:
• User feedback, such as ratings, feedback, or compliments.
• Gomove account owners who request services for or on behalf of other Users, or who enable such Users to request or receive services through their accounts. This includes owners of Gomove for business accounts.
• Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
• Gomove business partners through which Users create or access their Gomove account, such as payment providers, social media services, or apps or websites that use the Gomove’s APIs or whose APIs Gomove uses.
• Third parties who assist in fee processing and management.
• Vendors who help us verify Users’ identity, background information, and eligibility to work, for regulatory, safety, and security purposes.
• Insurance, vehicle, or financial services providers for drivers and/or delivery partners.
• Partner transportation companies (for drivers or delivery partners who use our services through an account associated with such a company).
• Publicly available sources.
• Marketing service providers.
Gomove may combine the data collected from these sources with other data in its possession.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To enhance the safety and security of our Users and services.
• Create and update users’ accounts.
• To verify drivers’ and delivery partners’ identity and eligibility to work.
• Enable deliveries, and other services.
• Offer, obtain, provide, or facilitate insurance, vehicle or invoicing in connection with services offered by Third Party Providers.
• Track and share the progress of rides or deliveries.
• For customer support.
• Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
• To notify you about changes to our Gomove Platform or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
• For research and development.
• To enable communications between Users.
• To send marketing and non-marketing communications to Users.
• In connection with legal proceedings.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our Users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Gomove’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Gomove about our customers and Users is among the assets transferred.
• To advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others.
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Gomove Platform improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this Policy.
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Gomove, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this Policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Gomove Platform improvement and optimization, and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this Policy. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this Policy and applicable Canadian privacy legislation.
By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Gomove Platform, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing.
7. DATA SECURITY
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Gomove Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas.
The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Gomove Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Gomove Platform.
8. DATA RETENTION
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
A. STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA Your personal data will be stored by us on specially protected servers. These are protected by technical and organisational measures against loss, destruction, access, modification or dissemination of your data by unauthorised persons. Access to your data is only possible for a few authorised persons. These are responsible for the technical, commercial or editorial support of the servers. We collect some of your personal data so that Gomove can provide you the best user experience.
9. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18
Our Gomove Platform is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Gomove Platform. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Gomove Platform or on or through any of its features/register on the Gomove Platform, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Gomove Platform, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or User name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
10. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. You may request access to and correct the personal information that we hold about you. If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information you may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
We will provide access to your personal information, subject to exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation.
If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
11. WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
Have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at email@example.com . Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision
13. CONTACT INFORMATION AND CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE
We welcome your questions, comments, and requests regarding this Policy and our privacy practices. Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this Policy, and with applicable privacy laws.